Friday, February 24, 2012

Clutter Clear Out

Should it stay or should it go...clearing and sorting our wardrobe or desk (or office/home) is actually quite liberating and we often underestimate the impact this has on our lives. This was recently demonstrated to me by a very dear friend, whilst caring for my children one day, she tackled my youngest daughter's room (aged 3) with only what I can presume was focus and enthusiasm. 

How wonderful to come home and see such tidy, coordinated drawers and wardrobe space. All the small, old and no longer worn clothing ready to go to hospice, as well as unloved and forgotten toys. Now she has a lovely colourful display in a cabinet I refurbished and other toys popped away in boxes to be brought out, played with, and put away again!



Once I have organised my way through every room and every cupboard and drawer, I plan to continue to do this in my work and everyday life. My wise father has often reminded me when I am feeling overwhelmed, to firstly tackle the small things that I can change immediately. By doing this, I can begin to take control again and often start to feel more energised and uplifted - not to mention more in control!

So go ahead - de-clutter - you will be suprised by the results of this relatively easym systematic task!

Rachel
x

No comments:

Post a Comment